(urth) Appearances of Inire

John Watkins john.watkins04 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 10:22:26 PDT 2010

2010/7/1 António Pedro Marques <entonio at gmail.com>

> John Watkins wrote (01-07-2010 18:08):
>

>> But the point I brought up is independent of whether the evil power was
>> created by God or bred by whoever.

Is it?  I dunno.  I think the existence of, say, hurricanes, or the bubonic
plague, is potentially more troubling from a theodicy standpoint than the
possibility that the free will of hman beings might create monstrous
demigods as the Hierogrammates under Scenario 2 are.  Anyway I rather doubt
that the author would agree that the existence of such beings is
inconsistent with the existence of a traditionally-understood God.

Regardless, we are getting afield of the question.