(urth) christ, already

Matthew Weber palaeologos at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 14:35:25 PST 2010

Christ is indeed "Very God of Very God," but Christ didn't alight upon
himself in the form of a dove at his baptism, nor did he speak by
ventriloquism "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."  The
Persons of the Trinity aren't pseudopods of God-stuff extended at need to
fulfill functions; they are separate persons who are all of the same
substance (substantia, ousia).  The Son was incarnate as Jesus; neither the
Father nor the Holy Ghost were ever incarnate.  Christ is God; the Father is
God; the Holy Ghost is God.  But the Father is not Christ, nor is Christ the
Holy Ghost, nor is the Holy Ghost the Father.

We can say that the Outsider is the God we find in Christianity, but to say
that he is Christ makes assumptions about the correspondence of Christianity
to Briah that we don't have data to support.  An argument might be made that
the Conciliator is Christ, although again the details of Urthian religion
are a bit too sketchy to make that very convincing.  On the other hand,
Christ's mission was certainly conciliatory; to repair, by means of his
sacrifice, the broken relationship between God and Man.