(urth) christ, already

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Dec 15 18:07:08 PST 2010

On 12/15/2010 7:13 PM, Jerry Friedman wrote:
> (By the way, somebody, David Stockhoff I think, suggested that the man
> wouldn't have been "fortunate" if he'd been crucified later, but Silk
> is the one who calls hims fortunate.  I think Silk might have thought
> being enlightened or possessed outweighed being crucified, or even
> that martyrdom was also good fortune.)

---Yes, that's how I took it. Surely Wolfe was being ironic, if Silk was
not.

> David asked about the point of similar repeated universes.  One
> possibility that's been mentioned here is that the author might want
> to have a Flood without having God violate his promise to Noah.

---That would make sense in a universe in which that promise was made.
I'm not saying it wasn't made in Briah, but I'm increasingly thinking that.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 101215-1, 12/15/2010
Tested on: 12/15/2010 9:07:09 PM