(urth) Ship Volant

Jordon Flato jordonflato at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:48:17 PST 2009

I've had the rose idea for a while.  I think I remember mentioning that your
sketch could go even more in the 'rose like' direction, as it seemed to be
clearly going that way.  But you know, curry tends to destroy effective
memory.  And yeah, I can't remember why Severian was horrified at the
depiction.  The first thing that comes to mind is that it must have looked
like one of those typical office posters so well lampooned at Despair.com.
Something like a "Thomas Kincaid: Painter of Light" version of Tzadiels ship
with bold blue text underneath that reads:  "The Ship:  Some days you are so
busy you  just feel like you are meeting yourself coming and going.  Only
here, it's probably true."