(urth) You have the wrong creation you ninny - eschatology and genesis

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Sat Sep 6 17:37:19 PDT 2014

On 07/09/2014 00:37, Jeff Wilson wrote:
> On Sat, September 6, 2014 10:40, Marc Aramini wrote:
>>   And to be fair the coming of the New Sun isn't really a reboot of the
>> entire cosmic cycle, just a local rebirth for Urth into Ushas. The play
>> connotes the end of urth shall be like its beginning - and that its end
>> heralds a new start. So it doesn't really need to be tens of billions of
>> years.
> The naming of specific individuals suggests to me that a complete recycle
> of time is intended.  Unlike some treatments of Norse myth or LORD OF
> LIGHT, where there are god roles played by a progression of individuals
> who reshuffle to replace losses from the previous age.

The chapter "The Key To The Universe" in _Citadel of the Autarch_ makes
it clear, I think, that the concept of cosmic cycles is intended to be
foundational to the structure of the universe.  The blossoming of the
New Sun is indicated to be part of the intercyclic intercourse.
However, I am not sure that any named character outside of Yesod (I
would include Tzadkiel among the Yesodi) have personal existences that
intersect multiple cycles.

Gabriel or Nod might share in the cross-cyclic nature of the Yesodi -
but if they speak of coming fifty million years too late, I feel that
they mean too late in the same cycle; that is to say, Nod mistakes the
coming of Ushas for the Garden of Eden, or perhaps the expulsion
therefrom - but he has not appeared at the wrong cycle.

- Gerry Quinn