(urth) shadows of the new sun, slight spoiler

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 19:47:23 PDT 2013

If anybody ever gets around to reading the Wolfe tribute anthology with my story, the last line in my story seems chopped up (at least in the kindle edition I just looked at). I asked them to fix it when I saw it in the uncorrected proof months ago ... but ....  The last line of soldier of mercy originally read

SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
SPOILERS

And as we touched,
I knew then what he had been trying to tell me – and though it
would last long and very long, there was no mercy in it.