(urth) silk, the dancing toy, and gods in the tunnels

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 24 08:52:10 PDT 2013

"By now everyone know I actually think Wolfe creates symbols and "metaphors" that are actually extremely literal.  Thus, Shadow Children riding Marshmen is the same as Shadow Children riding a man named Marsch (his name is misspelled in my copy as Marsh in the title "A Story by John V Marsh", which I feel might be intentional even if changed in later editions by copy editors)."

on the other hand, as everyone KNOWS, sometimes typos are just typos.