(urth) silk, the dancing toy, gods in the tunnels

Daniel Otto Jack Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 10:12:55 PDT 2013

'He realizes that he has very little freedom and it is all set up.
However, Mamelta is swallowed by the giant fish, and I think this too is a
symbol - that Kypris is subsumed by something far greater than herself, so
that the englightenment, which Silk misinterprets at least once and
possibly twice, serves the Outsider in the final analysis even if Pas and
Kypris, the male and female voice, set it up as the spark that would start
their little clockwork plan in motion, like the dancing toy controlled by
Mother.'

I think I agree with this.  I don't think that Silk being shown in various
ways to be a 'clockwork figure' is meant to convey that he definitely is
and always will be.  I think it indicates that *some* forces have that in
mind for him as part of their master plan, but that the Outsider actually
liberates Silk out of this simplistic pre-determinism into a responsive
sort of agency as part of a 'greater plan' than the schemes of gods
ontologically 'smaller' than the Outsider.

Daniel Otto Jack Petersen