(urth) silk, the dancing toy, gods in the tunnels

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 20:59:08 PDT 2013

No dia 28/08/2013, às 19:34, Marc Aramini <marcaramini at yahoo.com> escreveu:

> Actually one of the darker scenes that recurs several times in Wolfe is a guy perceived as harmless kicking someone to deat (Blue Mouse, Silk and Jahlee, pretty sure Auk did it)

Auk, harmless? The man does harm by trade.

> and I do wonder if there is an old personal experience or memory about that.

Yes, this is unsettling. As are some other things - do you remember the talk some time ago about Wolfe's treatment of female characters?

> PS - (Silk kills Jahlee there, that's why it is so emotionally bizarre. Nettle knows that the man who has come back is not her husband anymore)

That I do not know. They know he isn't Horn because his body is Silk's and his personality likewise - in fact the only reason he can get anyone to entertain him as Horn is because he has all of Horn's memories. But I can very well see Horn being ruthless when needs must.