(urth) fifth head owlet- wolf

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 05:54:50 PDT 2013

>Marc Aramini: And the narrative thrust of both mimicking aboriginal and possibly,
>according to the interview, replacing empathic shadow child, would be to convince
>others of their humanity in any way possible, including anthropomorphizing their
>origin.  That is effective mimicry.

Yes, I think this crystalizes Wolfe's intent for 5HoC, with the provision that part
anthropomorphizing their origin is truly forgetting their non-human origin. Though,
as Aunt Jeanine's lesson teaches us, the shapeshifter can evolve to perfect mimickry
with one limitation- their evolution requires they must retain their shapeshifting
ability. (they can't remove it and give it to a salt goose, heh).

That's why I suggested in the other post that eventually, these parasite/detrivores will
exhaust the resources of their human hosts and devolve back into what they once
were.