(urth) The Great Gene Wolfe Rebuild

Nick Lee starwaterstrain at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 15:54:04 PDT 2012

Fred Kiesche:

"The back of the book does not say much about Wright, but the name rings a
bell. The only other credit they list is a book on British TV...did he
write/co-author a book about Doctor Who as well?"

Wright is also heavily into film studies. He does anaylze sci-fi television.

This might be the book you're thinking of:
http://www.amazon.com/British-Science-Fiction-Television-Hitchhikers/dp/184511048X

Marc Aramini:

"the slightly narrow materialistic interpretive scheme of "Attending Daedalus""

You have to be pretty familiar with Wright's theoretical basis to
grasp his thesis. I think it's a valid reading of the novels though I
don't agree with all of it. I was actually a little disappointed in
Shadows as I already was familiar with most of that information,
either in print or on-line.