(urth) The Wizard

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 11:04:05 PST 2012

--- On Tue, 3/6/12, Antonin Scriabin <kierkegaurdian at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Antonin Scriabin <kierkegaurdian at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) The Wizard
Date: Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 6:46 AM

".  And I highly doubt the knowledge that Wolfe is Catholic is a key part of the "literary analysis toolkit" he wants us to bring to his works.

Actually, I think the eucharist in Short Sun is meant to be taken literally ... vegetable grapes become somehow human blood ... but so too is the final summoning of the hyacinth flower meant to be taken literally - human blood become vegetable matter.

So I tend to view the rituals of Catholicism as somehow literally applicable to the work ...