(urth) Fringe

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 12:38:27 PDT 2012

>Larry Miller: As someone who is on friendly terms with one of seasons
>4-6 writers of LOST I can assure you (and I am only going on what I was told)
>that the feud between the brothers..developed in between seasons 1 and 2...
>And Jacobs brother name was Samuel at least in script form.

Thanks, Larry. I do appreciate the insider information and it certainly gives
me pause.  I had the unique experience of watching all 6 years of Lost in 6
months, done after the show's finale. I think allowed me to be more in tune
to the clues than if I had watched it on a weekly basis.

I reported my progress to a co-worker who had already seen the finale. He tried
to misdirect me to avoid spoilers but there were so many early references to
brothers, even in the first season, that I could not be dissuaded from
an insistence that the final revelation would have a fraternal component (clues
ranging from Brothers Karamazov to the Kinks and Oasis).

If the original name of the other brother was "Samuel", I am wondering why they
decided to delete it. The name "Jacob" was given years before they ever showed
him. Why keep "Samuel" unamed? For this reason I hesitate to completely discard
"Esau".