(urth) Horn's ability

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 09:27:33 PDT 2011

>David Stockhoff: He does sound like an Archon of sorts, more gnostic than satanic.

It is a point worth making but is there really a difference, other than perspective?
Mainstream Christians demonize Lucifer/Satan and the fallen angels and associate them
with evil. But I don't think occultists, pagans and Satanists really consider themselves
evil. Dark maybe...

Actually I get the impression those guys are more tolerant of Christianity than vice-
versa. I think they consider the Judeo-Christian God as sort of a prudish, holier-than-
thou cousin.  He may have a stick up his butt but he is still part of the family.

>Astras seem to be angels with legalistic powers limited to the earthly sphere and linked
>with stars.

Heh. We are talking about Hethor. But sounds like Father Inire to me.

>Naming Hethor for an Astra seated during Jesus's life does make him sort of a Herod/Pilate
>figure. Hethor would certainly have enjoyed the crucifixion!

Wow. That rings SO true for me in regard to the story. I can imagine such a being in adoration
of his Master but also able to fully enjoy any pain and suffering that immortal Master might
have to endure (like avern wounds and salamander burns and lucivee cuts, etc.)

(and Severian is an aspect of the Outsider who is likened to the God of Wine...gnostic
central deity, Dionysus).