(urth) Typhon's nature

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon Oct 10 19:47:05 PDT 2011

On 10/10/2011 7:00 PM, António Pedro Marques wrote:
> David Stockhoff wrote (10-10-2011 22:56):
>> Unless there is scanning of the older clone and uploading into the
>> younger.
>
> When the older dies, the older dies, regardless of having been copied
> into the younger. The entity may go on existing for third parties,
> including the younger clone, but not for itself.
I don't follow. The younger clone would start off his memories at the
point where the older was scanned and thus continue on as the same
entity. At least that's how it works in Home Fires. (The problem would
be meeting yourself, which would be resolved in a clone situation by
assuming scanning = death.)

>> If Typhon has superpowers that are genetic in origin, he'd lose them
>> if he
>> transferred to another brain, unless that brain also has that
>> genetically-derived infrastructure. Might this explain his reluctance to
>> lose his "face"?
>
> That's a pretty good idea.
> I find that face stuff strange, unless there is some deeper meaning of
> faces to be reckoned with.

Yes. Typhon says something about loyalty or command, and that makes
sense. But it's not just the face that conveys presence---especially if
you are telepathic. So who knows.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 111010-2, 10/10/2011
Tested on: 10/10/2011 10:47:06 PM