(urth) Typhon's nature

larry miller biglar1984 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:32:39 PDT 2011

I think Typhons obssession with his face has more to do with
maintaining his rule. His face was probably a symbol of his reign in
the same way that the Autarchs face adorns the coin given to Severian
by Vodalus.  I believe he says something along the lines of "Its the
face that men obey".  This might also explain Typhons hiding out in
his mountain in Urth of the New Sun.  If the populace were to know
they were ruled by a two headed alien they might threaten Typhons
monarchy.