(urth) Pike/Oreb

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 13:00:38 PDT 2011

larry miller wrote (01-11-2011 17:29):
> Started reading Lake of Long Sun last night and Im totally confused
> about the appearance of Patera Pike and Oreb in Silks room.  I know
> there was some mention of this last week in a few posts but I didnt
> want to chime in until I read it.  Thing is I still have no clue as to
> what to make of it.  Anyone out there have any idea what to make of
> that sequence?

Well, I don't think they did well to answer you, because their answer,
regardless of being correct or not (and they have by no means convinced
everyone, though they have their arguments), betrays/requires/gives away
plot elements from the Book of the Short Sun which you shouldn't really be
aware of while reading the Book of the Long Sun (unless you'd read them
yourself, of course).

In short, no one has any idea what to make of that sequence [using only the
material that precedes it]. So don't worry.