(urth) Pike/Oreb

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Wed Nov 2 06:19:23 PDT 2011

From: James Wynn

> I don't personally find that to be compelling. The text doesn't imply
> that Silk *thinks* it looked like Pike.  If one asks, "Why did Silk mistake
> an older version of himself (although probably slightly altered in astral-
> travel) for Patera Pike?" all kinds additional plot elements suggest themselves.

> Also, I think the problematic time-line in tBotSS suggests that astral-travel
> always has a potential for time-travel.
It seems to me that there are problematical *incidents* which haven’t been explained, but that the main storyline actually sticks quite firmly to a non-time travelling version of astral travel, which is instantaneous regardless of distance.
I suppose one could put forward the hypothesis that Silk(+X) ranges freely in time when he is by himself, or with just Oreb.  Perhaps he only brings a party along to keep him anchored, lest he become lost in the Corridors!
- Gerry Quinn