(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Thu Nov 17 07:53:19 PST 2011

From: David Stockhoff
On 11/17/2011 8:51 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:

> > But I’m prepared to wait. Perhaps some better ideas will turn up. I
> > prefer to do without a theory than accept an impossible one.

> It's becoming plain to me that not only do you not begin to comprehend
> how Wolfe constructs his narratives, but that you prefer not to. And so
> you promote impossible theories, while catcalling promising ones,
> apparently just for the satisfaction of dragging down attempts to
> explain by observed principles.
What “promising” theories are you talking about?  And what impossible theories do I promote?  If I’m joking I am careful to make it clear, for fear that someone will try to make it canon.

> If a better idea does turn up, I am convinced that you will pretend to
> entertain it reasonably just to shoot it down as it is explained to you.
> Your ego prefers a wasteland.

If it’s a good theory, I won;t be able to shoot it down.

A wasteland of babble is what I prefer to avoid.

- Gerry Quinn