(urth) the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 10:10:46 PST 2011

--- On Thu, 1/20/11, Son of Witz <Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org> wrote:

 You guys have great far fetched takes.
> Some of those limbs are bound to break when we try to follow
> you out on them.
>
> So all I'm saying is (please) CHILL and realize Gerry and
> Roys dismissals do not carry any canonical authority.
> ~witz

I will try.  What is ulimately of course very frustrating is that some theories are way less "far fetched" than others - (I don't expect to be able to prove to anyone convincingly Green is Urth anymore, or even that Latro is Ares, but this last wave of discussion is completely different and more concrete, and when consistent evidence is requested, provided, and dismissed as inadmissable repeatedly it gets downright impossible to advance a discussion or even suggest a further point [examples: 'Mamelta would recognize him if he looked like Pas.'  Quote showing brain surgery to erase monarch and then even despite that quote showing Mamelta recognizing him - 'no way on urth that's mamelta talking there!' Sometimes Gene isn't even being obfuscatory, he just isn't providing closure in the normal narrative fashion, but when he says 'Kypris was Hyacinth was mother' it just boggles the mind that even when you show exactly how it can be true and consistent with
 other details in the text, it can be swept under the rug and not even considered as anything but a throwaway.  There is not any interpretational work to do in those statements except the magic of making them disappear.])

I won't argue anymore, the source of frustration is that if we can't come to an agreement on simple, non-controversial data provided in the text, there is no way we can advance to less concrete and more abstract discussions (ie - ultimate purpose of the whorl and the plan of Pas and how Silk figures into it), which is where you hope these little details will lead.