(urth) the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 10:36:45 PST 2011

Marc Aramini wrote (20-01-2011 18:10):
> I won't argue anymore, the source of frustration is that if we can't come
> to an agreement on simple, non-controversial data provided in the text,

I don't have a position on any of those matters (except for thinking that
Silk isn't Typhon's clone), but I don't think the data you've mentioned is
non-controversial at all. (I think it can generally be read one way or the
other, if there is a compellig reason to.)

> there is no way we can advance to less concrete and more abstract
> discussions (ie - ultimate purpose of the whorl and the plan of Pas and
> how Silk figures into it), which is where you hope these little details
> will lead.

I don't think so. You don't need to settle the details in order to build
upon them. You only need a *possibility* and then it's up to the large
picture to be convincing: the details lead to a scheme, and if the scheme is
good, it will strengthen the details. (A problem with some grand schemes
that have been proposed on this list is that they require impossible
premises and aren't good enough to carry the rest, mostly only explaining
themselves and nothing else.)