(urth) Threadtiquette

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 11:40:22 PST 2011

António Pedro Marques wrote:

> It would also be nice if people started new threads when they wish to
> discuss new subjects. I don't mean keep changing the subject line to reflect
> content; I mean that, even if reading something about snails made you think
> of lettuce and you wish to start a thorough discussion on lettuce that has
> nothing to do with snails, please don't do it on the snail thread. The
> snails like lettuce but only if there's snails around.

Of course, the subject of when to change the Subject: is a complicated
one -- some people want to follow a discussion "wherever it leads,"
and changing the Subject: may annoy them. On the other hand, those who
want to discuss snails but not lettuce will be duly grateful for this
change.

What really annoys me is that some folks' software seems to start a
new thread every time they post on an existing thread. I'm not sure
why this happens, but it really messes up the threading on my mail
reader.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes