(urth) Inhumi in the Whorl

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 10:27:29 PST 2011

>> Well, we do know that inhumi-powered dream-travel can get the
>> Neighbors between planets or to the Whorl, right?
>
> No... we've never seen that.  In all cases of dream-travel we've seen,
> only souls have been transported.  It's not at all clear that the
> Neighbours could transfer natural-state inhumi in this fashion. Maybe
> they could, but I find it easier to believe they used spaceships.

Hmmm... crazy idea, but perhaps this is a good reason to reconsider
one's reading regarding WHETHER the Neighbors transported natural-state
inhumi to the Whorl. Perhaps this is a reason to presume they did NOT
infect humanity with inhumi by transporting natural state inhumi to the
Whorl and then returning them to Green. That is a complex operation that
I would prefer to be hinted at in the text--especially since
dream-travel, Time-travel, and bodily possession are methods offered in
the text.

> Still, what are we arguing about?  We know they got there somehow -
> it's doesn't really matter much what technology they used.

Well, it makes a great deal of difference if they used dream-travel (the
only method available to them as, so far as I see).

u+16b9