(urth) First Exodus theory revised

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 17:09:00 PST 2011

Gerry Quinn wrote:

>     *From:* Ashley Crill <mailto:ash_crill at hotmail.com>
>
>     Were any embryos engineered to have a superior military intellect
>     that were destined to conquer, Typhon-style?
>
> I have said in the past that I think Silkhorn's military accomplishments
> in Gaon and Blanco were similar to those of Typhon as described by
> Rigoglio. Like Typhon, he sided with the underdog in conflicts, and won.
> But I don't think this is necessarily anything to do with genetics. Silk
> has merged with Pas in Mainframe, and Horn downloads the merged entity
> into himself (i.e. Silk's old body). So Typhon - as Pas - is present in
> the resulting, somewhat confused, personage.

I think people grossly overestimate Typhon's powers and urthly technology. I
don't find a single example, in all the books, of a power to engineer minds.
There's lots of technology around, from a photosynthesizing man to sentient
robots, but even the latter seem to have personalities not designed by
anyone. I see Typhon being able to produce beings of terrific physical and
intellectual abilities, but not to decide their ways of thinking.