(urth) note Re: Short Sun blog

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 28 20:13:19 PDT 2010

>Roy C. Lackey- That power, and the power to bring the dead back to life, was a supernatural power.

>Jeff Wilson- Of course it's supernatural

Supernatural only to 21st century primitives who managed to use their puny millenium or two of
scientific study to advance their understanding of the universe past alchemy, phlogiston and
luminiferous aether to their quasi-religious beliefs in "entropy" and "conservation of mass-energy"

We of Urth's First Empire have 30,000 more years of science at our disposal and thus have over 15x more
advanced knowledge of the universe and its possibilities. Yet we should not debase ourselves with hubris
and should  decline to snicker at the neo-Neanderthals who struggled desperately with their simple
Einsteinian-Planckian-Hawkingsian knowledge of physics and felt they had it all figured out, even as they
needed a supreme effort just to travel to Lune. ;- )