(urth) Antipolaric brothers

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 23 19:23:36 PST 2010

>Andrew Mason: Are we ever told Caesidius' hair colour?

Severian remembers Dux Caesidius as being "a fine commander" with a
"hawk face"

Eata remarks that Valeria may have married him because he looked like
Severian though handsomer and taller. I think that's all we get.

Hard to think of a blonde guy with icy eyes resembling Severian but
it is possible.

On the other hand, the character at the end of RttW is steering a ship
and while "commander" can be a general military term, it is foremost a
naval rank, I think.

Cyriaca gives the most detailed description of Severian's
face but she doesn't mention his nose. I can imagine it being aquiline, as
I tend to think Severian is patterned after a Greek hero.

Either way a good catch by Jeff to connect the hawk-like features of these
two.