(urth) Urth & Earth (was "Travelling North aka miscellaneous thoughts on Wolfe")

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 14:29:30 PDT 2010

In the sense that (and in the cults where) archons are demiurges, yeah.
In some cases, the world was made with the assistance of angels and this
explains why the World is broken. That's not just Gnosticism. That's
Kabbala. It goes all the way back to the Jewish philosopher Philo (who
also provided the technical terminology for the 1st chapter of the
Gospel of John; so there's your connection between Apostolic Christians
and Gnostics).

However, typically when one refers to The Demiurge, there is a
distinction between him and the other archons. Since Pas alone gets
credit for making the Whorl, it's The Demiurge that is being referenced.