(urth) crackdown 2.0

Ranjit Bhatnagar ranjit at moonmilk.com
Mon Jun 7 19:37:10 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would also like to add a third suggestion: *please stop changing subjects*!
>
> I try not to complain but merely 'mute' or 'killfile' threads I find
> dull or stupid (like a great many in the past few weeks), but I cannot
> do this if people keep changing the subjects - the emails with
> modified subjects will land right in my inbox, and like a rat on an
> intermittent reinforcement schedule, I will read it to see whether
> something interesting has been said.

This is also officially encouraged behavior.  Think of it as a
bureaucratic filing system - even if the topic of discussion drifts,
keeping the subject the same helps keep the thread of thought
together.

Also, if you have a lot of related messages to reply to, I encourage
you to combine all your replies into one message, digest-style.

- ranjit