(urth) Fish and Caves

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Thu Dec 23 10:42:19 PST 2010

From: "James Wynn" <crushtv at gmail.com>

>>> James Wynn-
>>> Really? So Silk seeing an astral flying Oreb in his room while the
>>> current Oreb is lame downstairs doesn't give you pause?
>>

>> António Pedro Marques-
>> It would if it were established that Silk saw an astral flying Oreb in
>> his room.
>
> Okay. What could possibly establish that for you? Oreb adamantly affirms
> that it wasn't him. His twin? His father?

Pike's ghost?  Mucor?  A lying night chough who managed to jump and flutter
a short distance?

Note that Scylla was not possessing Oreb at this time.  Gods had no reason
to escape into animals until Pas returned.  Why would an ordinary bird be
capable of astral travel?

And finally - even if Oreb did astrally travel a few yards, what is that
supposed to tell us about time travel?  Silk did not see two birds
simultaneously, and even if he had, it would be explainable without time
travel so long as one of them was asleep.

- Gerry Quinn