(urth) Fish and Caves

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 08:09:47 PST 2010

> António Pedro Marques-
> I just don't see any compelling evidence that dream travel is across
> time. If it were, shouldn't the trip with Rigoglio be to the time he
> left Urth?

Really? So Silk seeing an astral flying Oreb in his room while the
current Oreb is lame downstairs doesn't give you pause? Incanto and Oreb
in the grandmother's tale from her youth on the Whorl doesn't seem
suspicious? The screwy timeline in the Book of the Short Sun (Sinews
kids age not really matching, the times since Horn, Hoof, and Hide not
matching), that doesn't make you think astral travel is temporal?

There's something else too. The astral travel that Mucor does is not the
same as what the Rajan does. Mucor takes hours to reach the Whorl by
astral travel. Travel with the Rajan is instanteous. I suspect is Wolfe
recognizes an ability for Time travel in order to accomplish this.

u+16b9