(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 76, Issue 173

Adam Thornton (IO) adam at io.com
Tue Dec 21 13:52:27 PST 2010

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:44:24 -0800, Son of Witz
<Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org> wrote:
> All I'm saying is the potential exists for Severian to be Typhon's son
> without cloning, and without needing to be Typhon's father.  I'm not
> suggesting that this IS what happened. Just an idea that came to me that
> seems to fit within the given limitations.

Since we have time-travel and reincarnation, we could just take this to
the logical conclusion and posit that everyone in UotNS--male, female,
cacogen--is one incarnation or another of Severian.

>From there it's only a short step to say that he's everyone in all Wolfe's
stories.

Well, except Mr. Million.  That'd be weird.

Adam