(urth) Dionysus, the mausoleum

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 11:29:51 PST 2010

And even though I don't necessarily buy New Sun as an entirely gnostic system, the whorl of Long Sun IS.  The demiurge Typhon populates it with his religion, his family, his deceptions, and then even has his biological son planted there to become a physical, terrestrial (as opposed to celestial, I suppose) leader, but somehow his son Silk becomes something much more.

My big big big question that needs resolving ASAP is how are Severian and Typhon related?  Silk is Typhon's real biological son, of this I am 99.9% certain (not a clone).
Silk takes Typhon's daughter Scylla in Oreb back to Sev's childhood mausoleum, which winds up being the crypt of some of Typhon's family.  But that is the same mausoleum where Severian used to see his face when he was a child.  SO how is Severian related to Typhon's family, that his face is immortalized in their family resting place?

Marc