(urth) Father Inire theory cont.

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 10 13:23:29 PST 2010

David Stockhoff wrote:

> Lee, I'm not trying to be unfair. The Devil runs a very different kind
> of game than does Lucifer. They are not the same. If you say Devil, I
> read Devil. If you say Lucifer, I read Lucifer. It helps to say what you
> mean as much as you can---it would save us all a lot of words. :)

It's fairly standard in Christian tradition to see 'Lucifer' and
'Devil/Satan' as different names for the same figure. I'd agree that
in origin they are different (and other diabolic titles, like
'Beelzebub', are different in origin again) but I don't think Lee is
being unreasonable in running them together here.