(urth) Who's Right?

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Fri Dec 3 16:41:51 PST 2010

On 12/3/2010 11:35 AM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Ryan Dunn<ryan at liftingfaces.com>  wrote:
>>

>> But we do know that Inire appears in disguise at least once, right?
>

> Do we? How?

I. Sev acknowledges to Rudesind that Inire is an alien, but living on
Urth as a human - disguise #1.

II. Inire's letter mentions he had to travel south by other methods -
implying he was in the north.

III. Severian mentions to Rudesind that Inire was with him in the north,
attending the old Autarch.

IV. Sev's travelogue mentions a masked man who slipped into the old
Autarch's palanquin. The masked man is also small and bent as if with
great age, the same as Inire - disguise #2.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >