(urth) list slowdown

Dave Lebling dlebling at hyraxes.com
Mon Aug 16 16:36:14 PDT 2010

I do many things to help control the list and yet I find the volume
nearly overwhelming.

I hate to do the "when I was a lad" thing, but in the old days on the
list (before Long Sun, before Short Sun, etc.) most of the posts were in
the nature of short essays rather than the quick
few-lines-added-and-many-quoted that we are seeing lately. People would
read them and comment thoughtfully with original content. No doubt my
memories are showing the sunsets more beautiful and the leaves more
green, but interesting new ideas (like the connection between Greek myth
and Silk's life) are lost in the shuffle at the current volume of
messages per day.

And get off my lawn!

-- Dave Lebling, aka vizcacha