(urth) list slowdown

Fred Kiesche godelescherbach at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 17:49:42 PDT 2010

Not only do some of us read the list online (me), but some of us read
it on dialup (also me!).

As for reading every posting of every thread--it seems when I skip,
then that is when I miss something illuminating and insightful and I
kick myself for not having experienced it as well.

I would vote for longer messages/thicker threads rather than an echo
chamber of me toos or just adding something for the sake of adding
something. I find myself approaching a need to delete all and start
afresh or just unsubscribe from the list until Real Life (TM) allows
me to catch up again.

--
F.P. Kiesche III  "Ah Mr. Gibbon, another damned, fat, square book.
Always, scribble, scribble, scribble, eh?" (The Duke of Gloucester, on