(urth) Babbie

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 08:47:37 PDT 2009

>Or Horn's soul--the actual soul of the honest-to-goodness
>Horn goes into Babbie, who has two horns already, making three.

An even simpler explanation that doesn't contradict Raja/Horn/greenbuck is
to say that Babbie was becoming Horn via an innate psychic ability to merge
his personality to a human being. That seems to be going on. But I just
didn't think that was the pay-off I was expecting in the prophecy.

>I also tend to think, though, that Silk is a powered-up clone of
>Typhon rather than Typhon's biological son with "Kypris" or a clone of that
>son.

There's lots of narrative and thematic reasons to like that. I certainly
did. The Mommy references are between Silk and Kyris are sooo compelling to
me, though. This is not an impediment in itself. It is just like Typhon to
have the original Kypris implanted with a clone of himself.

However, my acceptance of Silk=Typhon explanation died by a thousand pin
pricks. One of those was this: How does this get me to Horn riding a beast
with three horns? Okay, Silk is Typhon. So who is Horn. Not Typhon. Could
Horn be possessed by Pas? That makes Silk and Horn the same, but it seems to
me it ends up making Horn ride a beast with three Typhons instead of Horns.
You probably think I've done something similar to this already. I can't
emphatically refute that. But this is just a Bridge Too Far.

Have you seen "The Lost Room"? I often identify myself with all those crazy
object seekers with their Object Diagrams.