(urth) Seawrack's Arm

b sharp bsharporflat at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 17 18:50:42 PDT 2009

I reread the section and there is a lot of text suggesting Babbie did
attack Seawrack and mangled her arm to the point it needed amputation.
But I was still struck by this passage regarding the blood Horn found on
his ship:

>Something had fallen back into the sea, bleeding and badly injured. What
>had it been?  For a moment I thought of the woman I had shot, swimming
>league upon league after our boat, intent on revenge.....I knew such a
>thing was utterly impossible....

Perhaps the pirate woman is a red herring. But perhaps Horn didn't succeed
in shooting her and that woman was Seawrack and she did swim after his boat
for leagues and then Babbie attacked her when she first tried to get on board.
And perhaps the black pirate boat was a manifestation of The Mother.

Or maybe not, maybe just a mcguffin, I dunno.

Thanks for the help all!

-bsharp