(urth) The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Tue Mar 17 08:20:08 PDT 2009

>> I guess I'm a moderate conservative or libertarian on the issue.
>> I think the Second Amendment creates an individual right and
>> that that individual right clearly isn't meant to cover every
>> conceivable form of weapon.

> I would argue that the intent was self-evidently for it to cover every
> conceivable type of weapon.

Indeed, the most powerful weapons available in the eighteenth century were
warships, many of which were privately owned, as was much artillery in the
sense of crew-served weapons.

The intent of the second amendment is to allow the citizenry to more
readily defend themselves against the government, when this becomes
necessary, as it inevitably does.

.