(urth) Wolfean theologies

Matthew Weber palaeologos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 19:53:02 PST 2009

First off : clerical sexual abuse is not confined to the  RCC.  If it is
more prevalent in the Roman Church (which may or may not be true), it might
have more to do with the discipline of celibacy attracting men with
sexuality issues than it has with the difference between single or double
procession.

Second : the jurisdictional chaos whose inhabitants affectionately refer to
it as "Orthodoxy" has plenty of its own problems, among them (to quote a
friend) "willed ignorance of history, the pretense that things always were
as the now-dominant party wanted them to be, and the systematic
misrepresentation and exclusion of difference."  In the end, no ekklesia is
perfect; churches are full of hypocrites, but as Bishop Block once said,
"There's always room for one more".

--
Matt +

Let early education be a sort of amusement; you will then be better able to
find out the natural bent.
Plato (c. 428-348 B.C.), The Republic, bk. VII, 537