(urth) Gnosticism in BotNS

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu Apr 9 10:56:18 PDT 2009

My understanding was that the Parsees' religion doesn't exactly correspond to Zoroastrianism as practiced 5,000 or so years ago (or whatever the exact figure is), whichever one is deemed "true." You wouldn't expect it to. It could easily have absorbed common, simple concepts like dualism; it would have been difficult to preserve perfectly.

But you're right: who studies this but Western scholars with a vested interest? Or was that not a bit of snark I detected? ;)

Message: 9