(urth) Gnosticism in BotNS

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Thu Apr 9 13:04:58 PDT 2009

Well, not all Zoroastrians left Iran (let alone Greater Iran). The ones
that went to India became the Parsis: there are still some tens of
thousands of Zoroastrians in Iran, and thousands in Afghanistan,
Tajikistan and others of the stans (all of those countries named stan used
to be part of the Persian Empire. The Persian Empire was a huge deal for a
very long time, and maybe will be again). These various communities have
all intercommunicated and intermarried to some extent right along in
there.

There are and have been various trends within Zoroastrianism as you would
expect from any multiple thousands of years old religion: the wiki article
summarizes them well. Zoroastrians are a lot like Jews in that they love
to fight over theology, and they call each other names with a will, but
they rarely kill each other over such questions, at least in recent
centuries.

.