(urth) The Apu-Punchau Eclipse

Dave Tallman davetallman at msn.com
Tue Jun 10 17:09:38 PDT 2008

Roy C. Lackey wrote:
> In a natural eclipse, the sun doesn't come back that quickly. It was a
> staged event. The Ship can move out of the way much faster than the moon,
> and it did.

You make a good point about the sudden ending of the eclipse, which also
coincided with exactly when Sev needed it. I was doubtful that the Ship
would come that far into the solar system, since it usually stays beyond
the orbit of Dis (Pluto), but I found evidence in the text that
corroborates this theory, in Urth XXVI.

Sometimes they bring the big one in a good bit closer than this," the
hand detailed to guide us confided as we came aboard. "Only they can't
help getting between someone's eyes and a few stars when they do..."

Getting between eyes and one star in particular (the Sun) is exactly
what we need, so I'm convinced.