(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

brunians at brunians.org brunians at brunians.org
Wed Jul 16 11:57:15 PDT 2008

> Only a condensed version in a Mahabharata translation - what's its purpose
> here?

!!

> Supernovae have nothing to do with it, this is foreknowledge of death
> resulting from premeditated action, what many would call "murder".

You are assuming that they are all random. What if you could cause them?

Or meteor strikes, directing large rocks at planets inhabited by one's
enemies is well within human capability, which the other is not just yet.

>                                                                  The
> Hierogrammates might be able to bargain it down to manslaughter.

> I'm one of those (apparently few) simple, naive souls that believes that
> murder is evil.  Even if it's necessary, it's still evil.

I agree.

Of course, as sinful creatures, evil is sort of our stock in trade.

I also differentiate between murder and homicide: all murder is homicide,
not all homicide is murder.

.