(urth) What's So Great About Ushas?

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 13:52:22 PDT 2008

I was referring to the Watchman, who insists on his view of morality in the
face of Armageddon.

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Paul B <pb.stuff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, the only two Rorschachs I know are the psychologist and the
> Watchman.  (Trailer recently came out - topical, hey?)  If we're talking
> about the latter, as far as morality goes, sure I do - he's a posterboy
> deontologist.  I just don't couple that with the expectation that everyone
> be moral in everything they do, and with the demand that all wrongs be
> brutally punished.
>
> For example, if futuristic humans kill a bunch of aliens in order to uplift
> the survivors, I wouldn't be surprised, even though I'd think their action
> immoral and wrong.  They'd have to have a pretty solid track record of doing
> shady things before I'd call them evil, even.  I just wouldn't stand for
> their calling themselves angels, either.
>
> Paul
>

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Paul B <pb.stuff at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  That's not a relevant question.  The heart of the matter is that an evil
>>> course of action was chosen, lesser or not.  Thus, it's impossible to
>>> consider the Hierogrammates to be untainted.
>>>

>> So you apply Rorschach's standard?
>>

>> --
>> Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant
-----
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer
http://www.danehyoakes.com

I once absend-mindedly ordered Three Mile Island dressing in a restaurant
and, with great presence of mind, they brought Thousand Island Dressing and
a bottle of chili sauce. -- T. Pratchett