(urth) Aside on Christ figures in TBotNS

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Dec 12 07:56:14 PST 2008

Jordon & Witz---

It doesn't work perfectly for exactly those reasons. However, the pattern is so clear I don't think it can be denied.

Also, for me there is little difference between Yahweh saying he is the Utmost and humans thinking he is, not realizing he is simply a sun god and that a bigger God lies above and behind him. This is partly because humans lie and make things up about their gods, and partly because the universe of TBotNS is, in a way. a Catholic universe with all the flesh stripped away to reveal the bones, like a postmodern building. It is generally rational and rationalized, relatively speaking. It has to "make sense" regardless of our existing religious beliefs, which will never perfectly apply.

If Tzadkiel had been an evil or foolish Demiurge (Abaia and his brothers seem to want to fill that slot), it would have been a very different story.

Message: 1