(urth) AEG clones

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Fri Dec 19 22:04:27 PST 2008

Dave Tallman wrote:
> Here's on possibility on the viewing: the cop who picks up Cassie (Aaberg)
> turns out to be a double agent for Reis. He had a computer monitor in his
> car. In BotLS, computer monitors that seem to be off can be used to spy on
> people. Reis could have gotten a look at her through the monitor.

The glamour was put on Cassie in Canada. Aaberg wasn't in a position to see
the new Cassie.

Before the glamour, Cassie was just a thirtyish, second-rate actress and no
particular beauty. The girl at Baskin-Robbins had no regard for her at all,
unlike the waitresses and everyone else who saw her after that night.
Without Gid's glamour, Reis wouldn't have looked twice at her--which is
exactly why Gid put it on her.

The photo Gid listened to at the White House was obviously made shortly
after Reis was replaced as ambassador, 2-3 years earlier. He already had
plans for his South Seas kingdom when he left Woldercan. He was probably
looking for the right woman to satisfy his lust and ego as his high queen.
Gid already knew about Cassie from seeing her in other plays over the years.
(207) The most desirable woman in the world was the perfect bait, and Reis
took it.

Btw, Aaberg was made to look like Scott, which means that Gid knew all about
Cassie's past when he left her that first note. And it suggests that Gid put
a slight glamour on Aaberg to make him look that way. And when Cassie first
saw Aaberg:

"'The man who entered was both tall and wide, nearing middle age. Cassie
gasped, 'Scott . . . ?'
'Who's that?' His voice was deep and a trifle raspy."

That sounds a lot like the descriptions and voice of Reis. Just so we don't
forget about clones. <g>

-Roy