(urth) New Wolfe Story at Subterranean Press

don doggett kingwukong at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 21:15:58 PDT 2007

--- Matthew King <automatthew at gmail.com> wrote:

> And why does the narrator give himself the role of
> the evil dwarf in
> his imagining of a fecund human past?

Maybe this is reaching on my part, but Herman Hesse
wrote a story about a hideous dwarf who belonged to a
princess. He's given a puppy that he loves more than
anything, but the princess'
jackass husband drowns it. So the dwarf gets revenge
by poisoning the prince and himself, leaving the
princess alone iirc. What this might have to do with
the story, I'm not sure. It also seems to have
reflections of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
where everyone is a replicant, but not everyone knows
it.

Don

The Evangelists: a Lesser Apocrypha                                                                        http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=178109961