(urth) A Question

Daniel D Jones ddjones at riddlemaster.org
Thu Jun 14 16:59:17 PDT 2007

On Thursday 14 June 2007 19:05, Stuart Hamm wrote:
> Hey Evryone,I have a question for you all...
>   I have a couple of good friends I want to turn on to GW, what is a good
> strting point? Don't want to scare them off to soon... I'm thinking "Strang
> Travelers" or "The ISland..." ,or should I just give them Shadow and Claw
> and be done with it???

I can't speak for anyone else, but TBotNS is what hooked me on Wolfe.  Had I
read anything else, I'd probably have enjoyed it but it certainly wouldn't
have inspired me to go grab everything by him I could get my hands on.  I'd
almost certainly never have read _Peace_ or _Pandora_.  (Definitely my loss!)

Then again, I'm a fairly twisted soul.   The tale of a banished torturer in a
stagnant, decadent, dying future society with a sort of steampunk feel really
appeals to me.  Perhaps I'm not the best example to use. :-)