(urth) Some Pirate Freedom thoughts and questions

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com thalassocrat at nym.hush.com
Sun Dec 2 08:51:20 PST 2007

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 02:19:23 +1100 paul witcover <gdeonn at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>  I'm not sure I agree that Chris2 meets his father (who may,
>after all, be himself, if he is a clone); at least, I don't see
>any definite evidence for it.

But "himself" with a beat-up face, taller and possibly engineered
in other ways - so maybe not a huge suprise if he doesn't recognise
"Ignacio".

There's perhaps two things which lend a bit of support to my story.

First, "Chris2" deciding not to go to Jersey: 'What if he did not
enroll me in the monastery school because of something I ("the tall
priest with the beat-up face", he would call me) happened to say to
him?'

Why does he imagine a particular description? Because it was a one
his father had used when he was a kid, talking about Ignacio?

Second: more complicated, but it might also help explain why he
came to be in the monastery. Chris speculates that his father "must
have given the monastery fifty thousand or so, because nothing was
said about payment in all the years I was there".

I think "Ignacio" paid the fees. He knows where the treasure is
buried. He's sure as hell going to check that it's still there, and
being the avaricious little sod that he is, he will dig it up. He
converts it, and uses some of the proceeds to pay the school fees.
He takes the remainder with him in some negotiable form when he
goes back in time.

How did he convert the treasure? He partnered up with his father.

"Ignacio's" cut: some cash. And Chris.